NIACL Assistant Exam Important Highlights
NIACL Assistant Exam Pattern
Exams for NIACL are conducted on 2 levels, i.e., Preliminary and Mains. The preliminary Exam is of 1-hour duration and Mains is of 2 hours duration. The below tables indicate the pattern of the paper.
NIACL Assistant Preliminary Test Exam Pattern
NIACL Prelims consists of 3 sections. Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English. Each section is of 20 minutes duration and has to be attempted in the allotted time only. No. of questions is 100, and the maximum marks that can be obtained are also 100.
||No. of Questions
NIACL Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
NIACL Mains has 5 sections including Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, English, General Awareness, and Computer. There are 40 questions in each section, and the total duration of the exam is 2 hours. The total no. of questions is 200, and the maximum marks that can be obtained are 250.
||No. of Questions
NIACL Assistant Exam Syllabus
NIACL Assistant Exam has a vast syllabus of general nature. It includes Quantitative Ability, Reasoning Skills, proficiency in the English Language, and knowledge of Computers. Important topics in each of the sections form the syllabus, which is given below in the following table.
||Data Interpretation, Sequence & Series, Simplification, Approximation, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic, Probability, Data Sufficiency
||Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Para Jumbles, Fillers, Para Completion
||Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Reasoning, Miscellaneous
||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet, MS Office, Memory, Input-Output devices, Computer Shortcuts, Important Abbreviations
NIACL Assistant Job Profile
NIACL Assistant is a job at the clerical level. He/She has the responsibility of Data Entry Operations and assisting the AOs in designated sections. They are mainly responsible for Underwriting, Claims, and Accounts.
- It is a data entry process.
- Involves acceptance of proposals.
- Involves signing/issuing of policies.
- Involves Computer use to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
- Involves legal/non-legal aspects of claims of Customers.
- Involves applying an insurance rating system.
- Calculating the amount of claim.
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Transmit claims for further investigation.
- Attach information to the claim file.
- Involves payments
- Preparation of balance sheets.
- Accounting transactions
NIACL Assistant Salary Structure
- Initial payment of NIACL Assistant in hand is ₹23,500 in a metro city, along with several allowances like Newspaper, Leave, etc.
- As per NIACL Notification, they are eligible for a pay scale of ₹ 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080.
- Several pieces of training are imparted to the candidates after the selection for learning about partial aspects of banking.
NIACL Assistant Increments
- 3 exams have to be cleared – Licentiate, Associate, and Fellowship. The increment is at each step individually.
- An increment of ₹1550 is applicable after completion of the Fellowship.
- Position depending allowances are also in the post.
NIACL Assistant Other Benefits
- Accommodation Benefits in Metro Cities.
- Good no. of leaves, including casual leave, Sick Leave, etc.
- A 5-day job with less workload and decent life with no pressure from the Boss.
NIACL Assistant Career Growth
There is a fast track promotion system in NIACL. Candidates are promoted according to their performance. The hierarchy of promotion/career growth in NIACL is mentioned below.
- Administrative officer
- Senior Administrative Officer
- Assistant Manager
- Senior Manager
- Insurance Specialist
NIACL Assistant Exam 2018 Prelims Cutoff
Before starting preparation for any exam, it is necessary to check the syllabus and the cut-off marks for the Exam. Cut-off marks for the 2018 Exam are available and are mentioned below. This will help in preparation for the exam.
|Maximum Marks: 30
||Maximum Marks: 35
||Maximum Marks: 35
|SC, ST, OBC, PC, Ex-Servicemen
NIACL Assistant Exam Admit Card
Admit Card for NIACL Assistant Exam is released 15-20 days before the actual Exam. For every stage, a separate admit card will be issued, and the candidate must download and take its printout before appearing for the exam.
Given steps must be followed while downloading the Admit Card.
- Visit the official Website of NIACL.
- Click on the recruitment section.
- Click on NIACL Assistant 2021 Admit Card.
- Enter the required details. (Registration No. and Date of Birth)
- Click on Submit Button.
- Admit Cards will be displayed on Screen.
- Download it and take its printout.
NOTE: Test Centre will be mentioned on the Admit Card. The candidate is allowed to sit in the exam at the allotted test centre only. The candidate will not be entertained at any other centre except the one mentioned in the Admit Card.
NIACL Assistant Exam Preparation Strategy
To crack a major exam, it becomes necessary to follow a plan and stick to it. It is necessary that the candidate must know all the pros and cons of each step and take them warily. The following are some general tips for preparation.
- Prepare a study plan, and be consistent with it.
- Practice regularly with a different set of questions of varying difficulty.
- Ensure maximum accuracy to crack the exam.
- Follow a test series before the exam to check yourself in a mock test environment.
- Analyze previous year question papers and attempt them genuinely.
- Keep tracking your progress regularly.
- Increase your strength in at least one of the subjects.
- Refer to the subject wise tips as given below.
Tips for Quantitative Ability
- Practice all levels of questions focussing more on the difficulty level.
- Properly understand the concepts, especially of Ratios.
- Try to increase your calculation speed with no reduction in accuracy.
- Don’t mug up the formulae. Understand them, and practice frequently.
Tips for Logical Reasoning
- Focus more on Puzzles and Seating Arrangement type questions as they have a high probability to come in Exam.
- For coding-decoding questions, keep practicing a new pattern of questions to increase your experience.
- Understand the basics clearly before proceeding to tough level questions.
Tips for the English language
- Read the newspaper daily, and make a precise editorial section daily.
- Learn 10 new words daily to increase your vocabulary.
- Strengthen your grammar section to score more in exams.
Tips for General Awareness
- Go through static GK once, and keep revising it from time to time.
- Go through one-liners regularly to gain more knowledge.
- Read the newspaper daily as it’ll improve your English and help you get more knowledge about the world as well.
Tips for Computer Knowledge
- Make yourself clear with the basics.
- If possible, study one chapter every day for this section.
- Attempt quizzes on a daily basis.
- The syllabus is not very vast, and high scores can be achieved. So, try to make this section your strength.